The Doula Path
IS WITHIN REACH
Get the foundational teachings & practical skills you need to get started on the path of becoming a death doula.
An online course
Available beginning July 11, 2022
If you're like a lot of the aspiring death doulas I talk with:
- You're called to the work (and have been for a long time) but you’re confused and don’t know where to start.
- You're not sure if you have what it takes to become a death doula, and truth be told, you're not actually sure what all is involved.
- You lack the confidence and the know-how when it comes to supporting someone in their dying or grieving process. You’re afraid of saying the wrong thing and causing more harm.
- You’re afraid to start a new business as a death doula because you don’t think you can make money at it. (But you desperately crave doing more meaningful work!)
- You’ve had your own challenging experiences with the death and dying process and are still wrestling with your own beliefs about what happens when you die.
If any of this sounds like you, I’m so glad you’re here. I get it. I’ve been in your shoes.
- You know exactly where to begin and are taking the first actionable steps to learn more about being a death doula.
You know the ins and outs of what’s involved with being a death doula and are discovering how your innate gifts of empathy, compassion, and patience, can serve you well in this role.
You confidently know what to say to support someone who is dying or grieving and are beginning to profoundly shift the way people experience death, dying and bereavement through your newly gained skills and knowledge.
You are clear about your decision whether you want to focus on serving those in your family and community with this knowledge or go deeper and take a death doula training program towards a more fulfilling and lucrative career. (You know you CAN make a great living on this path!)
You’ve healed some of your biggest heartbreaks from previous deaths and gained insight into your own beliefs about what happens when we die - beliefs that comfort you.
Sounds pretty amazing, doesn’t it?
All of this is possible for you.
Here’s how I know…
Hi! I'm Karry!
I’m a full-time death doula and founder of Modern Deathcare. I work with clients internationally, and again and again I see how, when people have the right support, death, dying and bereavement can be a very healing and deeply meaningful experience.
My own challenging experiences with death brought me to this work. After several loved ones died in a short period of time, I was struggling. I felt empty and stuck. What made it worse was being told that I’d been grieving for too long.
I knew that wasn’t true though. I knew there were gifts in my grief if I had the right support. I set out to find another way to experience death and grief. I read everything I could get my hands on, talked to others in the field and started taking trainings in death-work. The more I discovered, the more committed I became to sharing these possibilities with others so they could look back knowing they did everything they could without regret.
It was through my own struggles that I found my calling
This is why I'm so passionate about teaching women how to care for the dying. I’m committed to sharing this wisdom and transforming the end of life experiences from a traumatic event into a connection-filled, meaningful rite of passage.
That's why I created...
The Doula Path
An Online Course
In this online course you’ll:
- Discover the ins and outs of death work so you know exactly what’s involved in becoming a death doula
- Peek behind the curtain of how a full-time death doula makes a sustainable income and what their day to day is like
- Gain clarity on your calling and the type of doula you could become
- Build skills to provide soulful support for loved ones and even clients
- Explore death as a rite of passage and how to make it a more meaningful experience
This comprehensive online course includes:
Overview of the Modules
PLUS, you get these bonuses...
What people are saying...
Who is this course for?
You’re Curious - Is It For You?
This course is perfect for you if you've discovered what a death doula is and want to save time and energy to cut to the chase and get the information you need so you can decide if this path might be right for you.
You’re An Aspiring Death Doula
You want to explore a holistic approach to end of life care, gain information and start on the path of creating a lucrative, purposeful business as a death doula.
You’re Currently Supporting Someone
You have a relative, friend or colleague whose health is declining and you want to know what to say and do to support them right now while providing resources and information.
You’re Anticipating A Loved One’s Death
You anticipate caring for a spouse, aging parent or someone dear to you in their dying time and you want to know the practical skills to create a more comfortable, peaceful death.
Whatever brings you to this calling, welcome!
Whether you become a doula or not, I honour that you have been drawn to supporting others as they transition through the veil, and sincerely hope you follow your heart’s whisper wherever it leads you.
This online course offers teachings and practices for offering skillful care and presence to loved ones before, during, and after death. It offers tools and guidance to help you figure out what is pulling you to this path, and where to take that curiosity next.
Don’t let months and years go by wondering if becoming a death doula is right for you, working in a job that doesn’t light you up. You are needed now more than ever!